Re: NT and Unix don't mix ?

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:06:03 -0700

Yes, the NT server does not need to know what OS the database is on. As for how. You will need to do an Oracle client install on the NT server. Then you will have to choose from the many methods of connecting. ODBC, OLE DB, ADO, RDO... Personally I like Oracle's OLE objects. If you use the parameterized queries and don't keep resending the sql the whole thing is very effecient and fast. The syntax is pretty simple. Read the documentation. They have examples of doing it from asp to an Oracle db. Jim