Re: Inappropriate ioctl for device

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:17:17 -0500

Try redirecting the stderr and stdout of the tar command to some log file like this:

svrmgrl <<EOT
connect internal
alter tablespace...
!tar cvf /backup/system01.tar /oradb/data1/system01.dbf \

    > /backup/tar_system.log 2>&1
alter tablespace...
EOT I've broken the line so you don't miss the end, but you'd probably not need to do that.

This way tar(1) doesn't need to know anything about the controlling terminal.

-Kevin