CLOB datatype: insert limited to 2499 characters

From: Lily Fu <yfu_at_capu.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:17:56 -0400

Hi,

I created a table with a CLOB datatype

create table tt
{ largeText CLOB ...}

and try to insert some text into 'largeText' field, but I got "Input truncated to 2499 characters SP2-0027: Input istoo long ( > 2499 characters) - line ignored"

I read from book that CLOB can hold 2GB data, why can't my text be inserted into the table?

I am using oracle8i on linux (redhat 6.1)

This is urgent, your help is greatly appreciated.

Lily Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 21:17:56 CDT