Re: Dynamic Port Range on HP-UX

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:46:09 GMT

Richard J Opperman wrote:

> Hi.
>
> When a client is making a connection to the database via SQL*Net, the
> listener allocate a dynamic port for the connection.
>
> Can anyone please urgently tel me what the dynamic port range (on HP-UX) is
> when a SQL*Net connection is made?

My understanding is that the connection will be made on the port the listener is listening on (usually 1521 or 1526), and then the connection is moved to a different socket through the usual means (on a port above 1024). This leaves the range of 1025 to 65535 for the dynamic range of ports available.
Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers,
GC Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 05:46:09 CDT