Re: PL/SQL External procdures in C-cod for Oracle Server 7.3.3/7.3.4

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:10:39 +0200

First of all, in 99.9 percent of all posts there is no reason to crosspost. If you think you get more audience you are mistaken, because many people here follow all three newsgroups, and for them having to download your post multiple times is annoying, not to say someone else in a different group might have answered the question and you are simply wasting time. I feel I have to elaborate on this as it looks like .misc is more and more getting an exact mirror of .server and it definitely shouldn't develop into that direction.

That said for 7.3.3 (which already has been desupported) and 7.3.4 (which will bew desupported in a few months) you can download the PLEX utility at http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte This is a wrapper for external procedure calls. In 8.*0* and beyond there is native support for it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA