Recommended RAM for RH6.2 w/Oracle Enterprise 8i ??

From: KAbraha454 <kabraha454_at_aol.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2000 04:05:03 GMT

As a personal learning system, I'm putting together a redhat 6.2 system w/oracle 8i (Enterprise) and was wondering what would be the recommended amount of RAM for the system. Since all expenses are coming out of my pocket, I'd prefer not to spend the money on 512KB when 64-128KB would be adequate for the very small test databases (20-30 records total) I'd create. I fully realize that performance is somewhat RAM related but if processes take an extra minute to complete with only 64MB, that's acceptable to me. Thanks for your guidance.
ken Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 23:05:03 CDT