Re: I need help with SQL

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:19:33 GMT

hi brian,

The NumWidth Sql*Plus environment varible is responsible for this, that's what I believe;)

in your SQL*Plus use the following command to see the current setting or this variable:

SQL>show numwidth
numwidth 9

that shows you that the numwidth variable is set to 9, i.e. all the numbers would be shown only to first 9 characters. so numbers larger than 9 would produce ########## as the result. to resolve this problem se the numwidth variable to 38, that's the maximum width of number in oracle.

SQL>set numwidth 38

run your query after this setting and hopefully now it should work!

HTH ATTA In article <susfs7tgs5d03a_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Brian Vuong" <brian-vuong_at_usa.net> wrote:
> I have the following query
>
> spool list.lst
> select account(*), sum(balance)
> from table1
> ;
> spool off;
>
> --The total balance is so large that it gives me only '###########'
 instead
> of digits such as '74857843389349'. Is there anyway I can fix this?
 Any

--

getting the meanin' of data...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/