Re: Oracle8i/ODBC error

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:21:32 GMT

In article <8sid17$978$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Nhuan_at_Lieu_NoSpam.org <Nhuan_at_Lieu.org> wrote:
> Hi Oracle8i experts,
>
> After we applied several function-based indices on several Oracle8i
> tables, we are no longer able to attach to those tables via Access 97
> like we used to. We received the following error from Ms
> Access97: "invalid field definition 'SYS_NC00116$' in definition of
> index or relationship". "SYS_NC00116$" is an Oracle8i-generated index
> name for the function-based index.
>
> I would appreciate on any help on resolving this. Thanks.

I suspect I know what the problem is here, but I'd like to verify it here before I try to explain as it's a bit involved. Can you post (or mail to me) the SQL you use first to generate the tables in question and then to create the function-based indices?

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.