Can anyone help me out of this question.

From: <sasha2012_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:24:30 GMT

Can you find anything wrong w/ this?

create function INSERT_ARTICLE(CreationDateIn IN VARCHAR2, AuthorIn IN VARCHAR2)
RETURN NUMBER
   IS
   sArticleSequence.RowID NUMBER;
BEGIN
  insert into sArticles

                      (ArticleId, CreationDate, Author)
       values
                 (sArticleSequence.NextVal, CreationDateIn, AuthorIn);
RETURN (sArticleSequence.RowID);
END; I GET these errors:
        (sArticleSequence.NextVal, CreationDateIn, AuthorIn);
                                            *
ORA-06550: line 5, column 45:

PLS-00201: identifier 'CREATIONDATEIN' must be declared ORA-06550: line 2, column 3:
PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
ORA-06550: line 6, column 1:
PLS-00372: In a procedure, RETURN statement cannot contain an expression
ORA-06550: line 6, column 1:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Thanks for your help.

Sasha.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 17:24:30 CDT