Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux start

From: <maleform_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:37:30 GMT

Guess what smart guy, I looked and spent a long time and could not find the answers and have the same problem. In an NT environment, these icons are added but not on Unix. Since they are java based, there is not an intuitive way to find this. So come down off your damn pedistal and post something to help next time. If there is anyone other than this guy who apparently does not have anything but bitterness for new comers, please feel free to give some advice about the issue at hand!

In article <969513037.5033.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

> "Steve Fox" <stevefox_at_pressenter.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, I've run Oracle on NT ... I've installed Oracle EE 8.1.6 on SuSE
 7
> > and can't start anything. Would someone please tell me the commands
> > fire up the Enterprise Manager, Pl/SQL, etc.?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Sorry to say so but your post proofs several things:
> - you *can* read
> - most likely you didn't do *anything* to resolve your problem
 yourself
> - especially you didn't read the getting started manual, which comes
 with
> every Oracle installation.
> I'm almost sure Oracle include doc sets with their downloads, and if
 you
> don't have the docs, or didn't install them, you can always read them
 or
> even download them at http://technet.oracle.com .
> So please stop being lazy and bugging this newsgroup and
>
> RTFM
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 17:37:30 CDT