Re: Problem creating a database : Linux Oracle EE 8.1.6 -- Red Hat 7.0

From: <chuckjoga_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:15:22 GMT

I installed the glibc-2.1.94-3.i686.rpm package and reinstalled Oracle completely to see if this was a result of a linking problem. The result is a little different. Instead of hanging at 100% CPU, it now hangs at 100% CPU and gives a ORA- 03113: end-of-file on communication channel.

I attempted to run the: startup nomount
pfile="...." command and it comes up with "ORA- 24323: value not allowed". Very strange since the initSID.ora file was created by the
dbassistant.

Has anybody else tried installing the updated glibc and reinstalling Oracle?

-Chuck

In article <k2HE5.21138
$oN2.522751_at_news20.bellglobal.com>,
  "Etienne Laverdiere" <info_at_digitaltango.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have tried to run the "creationScript.sh"
 separately, in a bash shell
> but it still do the same thing.
> In my ktop, the svrgml of my database creation
 is running at 100% on my
> system CPU (over a "zombie" Oracle) and
 nothings happen.

> Could it be a environment variable of Linux
 that is not correctly set?

 wrote in message
> > Just for a minute lets say that you did
 indeed manage to reconnect
> > libraries, that
> > supposedly do not relink on Redhat 7.0!!!!
 (A stretch I know:-)

> > If I remember rightly from installing 8.1.5
 you can choose to get a script
> > generated
> > instead of doing a database creation within
 the Manager. Read the doco
 for
> > further info...
> >
> > Perhaps you might get further.
> >
> > Just a desperate last attempt to help you get
 Redhat 7.0 to support Oracle
> > 8.1.6 as we
> > all hope it will :-)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jason
> >
> > eotoole_at_newgrange.net wrote:
> >
> > > I was trying to avoid arriving at the same
 conclusion... but after
> > > following everything else by the book, I
 concur. Time to pull out an old
> > > RH. Is 7.0 getting a bad rap fast or
 what!!! Still my bad for going
> > > against the recommended versions. I'll let
 you know if the 6.x version
> > > works or has the same problems with the
 same hardware.

> > > Eoin
> > >
> > > In article

 <39E27DFD.B6B9FE97_at_dssonline.com.au>,
 wrote:
> [...]
 group that suggest a problem
 with the
 I was hoping it was only a
 myth,
 Perhaps you should go back to
 Redhat
 Oracle 8.1.6 Release 2
 database.

 positive response of work
 arounds,
 possible as well.

 release 2 on my Red Hat 7.0
 Edition. I
 3 OS before doing the right

 the Database.

 www.oraLinux.com :
 815.html#preinstall), knowing that I
 used
 environment variable to
 american...)

 dbassist, it always stop at "82%" of
 the

 to "initialize the database" a error
 message

 channel".

 about?

 Australia
 5227 8858
 5227 8907

 university management"

 email transmission,
 and confidential.
 expressly prohibited.
 error, please advise
 immediately and

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Pell
> > Senior Analyst/Programmer
> > Deakin Software Services Pty Ltd
> > 12 Gheringhap St, Geelong Victoria 3220
 Australia
> > Phone: 03 5227 8858 International: +61 3 5227
 8858
> > Fax: 03 5227 8907 International: +61 3 5227
 8907
> > E-mail Jason.Pell_at_dssonline.com.au
> > http://www.dssonline.com.au
> > Customer Support Hotline: 1800 620 497
> >
> > "Callista - the brightest solution in
 university management"

> > Important Notice: The contents of this email
 transmission,
> > including attachments, may be privileged and
 confidential.
> > Any unauthorised use of the contents is
 expressly prohibited.
> > If you have received this transmission in
 error, please advise
> > the sender by return email or telephone
 immediately and
> > destroy all versions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 18:15:22 CDT