Connecting to a LINUX Oracle 8i Server

From: Edward Kulbacki <efkulbacki_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:20:13 GMT

What's the easiest way to connect a 2nd PC to a PC with Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition running on LINUX?

Is a serial port connection the quickest and easiest using SLIP? What about Net8? How does Client 8i fit in with either of these?

I'm looking for the easiest way possible to get the two PC's talking to each other, one being the user, and working with the Oracle database.

Any help, or pointing me in the right direction, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Ed Kulbacki
EFK Consulting, Inc.