RedHat 6.2 + Oracle 8.1.6 +jre 1.6

From: Te-Cheng Shen <techeng_at_asu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:33:40 -0700

Hello

    I spent lot of time figuring out how to install Oracle EE 8.1.6 on redHat 6.2 and I want to tell the solution to others who got the same problem.

    I am using RedHat 6.2, original kernel and SunJDK1.2.2. At the end of installation of Oracle, the runInstaller told me that dbassist can not be started. I found the problem arisen from the fact that the incompatibility of JRE 1.2.2 and JRE 1.1.8 boundled with Oracle product. JRE 1.1.8 is shipped with Oracle EE ( downloaded from Oracle web site) but I do not know why it is not compatible with dbassist. After I installed JRE1.1.6 from blackdown, everything is working now.

    If someone got the same problem like what I described above, just go ahead to www.blackdown.com to download JRE 1.6.6-v5 and everything will be solved.

Best

STC Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 18:33:40 CDT