Re: Can anyone help me!

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:54:30 GMT

In article <39e7296c_at_newsgate.imsbiz.com>,   "Antony Mak" <cheong_at_broadway-ps.com> wrote:
> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>
> ORACLE Instance xbpscia (pid = 6) - Error 376 encountered while
 recovering
> trans
> action (9, 20) on object 5560.
> Fri Oct 13 23:22:04 2000
> Errors in file /xcia/disk2/BDUMP/smon_22152_xbpscia.trc:
> ORA-00376: file 46 cannot be read at this time
> ORA-01110: data file 46: '/xcia/disk14/dtws_idx_prod.dbf'
>
> --
> antony_at_broadway-ps.com

Your database can not read one of its datasets. You need to determine why? Premissions? Someone removed the file? Disk Failure? File system not mounted?

One you have the file back then you need to perform recovery. The amount of work you have to do to perform recovery depends on why Oracle can not access the file and what you have to do to get it back.

Being that it appears from the name above to be an index tablespace file then you might be able to recover by: 1) generating all the index source from the dictionary or from your souce library

2) Drop tablespace including contents
3) Recreate tablespace using same or new file names
4) Run the index scripts

See the Backup and Recovery manual for guidence before you do anything.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.