Downloading Oracle7 from technet?

From: Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:06:43 GMT

I've been hunting around the office for our copy of Oracle7 Client and Oracle7 ODBC stuff for Win NT and I can't find it.

All I can find in the office (or on technet) is Oracle8 or 8i. I've tried looking through the available documentation, but there's just too much of it and I don't know where to start looking properly...

Is there somewhere I can get the files I'll need to connect an NT client to our Oracle7 server?

Alternatively, will the 8.1.6 client work without any major surprises? Bear in mind that the version of our app that I'll be installing expects Oracle7 drivers (etc).

Thanks

---
Pb
My opinions are my own and should not be taken as
representing any other group or entity.

PS:  I'll stop asking all these dumb questions if someone can point me
to a FAQ designed for systems oldbies who happen to be Oracle newbies.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.