Re: encrypting data

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:37:49 +0800

jbachler_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi all, I want to encrypt some data (some columns) using something
> like RSA or TripleDES with more than 100 bit keys. My question is if
> you know some tools (better if there are from oracle) to perform this
> tasks. The goal of this is that we want to restrict the access some
> confidential information in the DB (not even the system user must be
> able to read and understand this data).
>
> Thanks in advance ..
>
> Jorge Bachler
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

As the other poster stated, there is dbms_obfuscation_toolkit...

You may want to check out Trusted Oracle which is probably their most secure offering..(I haven't used it)

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
(faster/mirrored at http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

Its not the voices in my head that bother me...
  its the voices in yours.