Re: Verifiying userid/password against database in PL/SQL

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:07:35 GMT

In article
<3CDB72FE569B4692.2675E4DC6A536BE2.D70ABE759E84F39A_at_lp.airnews.net>,   Dan <newcombe_at_mordor.clayton.edu> wrote:
> I am working on a web procedure that is running as one userid via the
> OAS.
>
> Is there a way to have the user enter their userid and password in a
> form on the web and then via PL/SQL in a stored procedure, test and
> see if that userid/password is valid for that database?

I you mean to use the actual Oracle userid and password then I believe the answer is No. The only way I know how to do this would be to create an application id/password table.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.