Help on creating new database in Oracle 8i

From: Jay Wang <jaywang922_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:21:07 GMT

Hi! I need help on creating a database in Oracle 8i! I'm using Oracle 8i Personal Editio on Windows 98.

Here are the procedures that I use:

  1. change db_name (to TEST) , and control_files in the init.ora file.
  2. go to regedit and change the oracle_sid to the TEST database.
  3. now, what should I do to create a new instance for my TEST database so that I can startup and create database?

Any suggestion is appreciated! Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 01:21:07 CDT