Re: ODBC Call Syntax and Oracle Drivers....

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:15:21 GMT

In article <8s2t4i$696$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   spathisc_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Just reporting something we found. If you use the oracle ODBC drivers
> (confirmed for v. 8.1.6 and 8.1.6.1) with the call syntax like:
>
> {Call StoredProcFoo('sdjkfhsj')}
>
> if the argument is large than 270 characters it causes the oracle
> drivers to basically crash. This is not a problem in Microsoft ODBC
> Oracle drivers. I have opened a case with Oracle and they should be
> getting back to me. If you need more info you can email me.

Not sure whether it was your report or someone else's we received recently on this...

Are there cases where people prefer building queries that include these really long strings rather than doing
{call storedProc( ? )}
and then binding the parameter?

We've recently confirmed this bug, though the '?', SQLBindParameter route was seen as a very good workaround. If there are folks out there who actually prefer building these sorts of queries rather than binding parameters, I'll look into increasing the priority of this bug-- no promises, though.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 11:15:21 CDT