SQL Update command

From: Andrew <apomphre_at_sewl.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:09:59 +1100

Im only a novice so please excuse this simple question: I am trying to update a column in a table (with related records in another table) and am having trouble with the syntax. I have setup the same query in MSAccess (using design view) and then viewed the sql syntax. It looked something like this: (ABCDBA is the owner of the table)

UPDATE ABCDBA_HYDRANT INNER JOIN ABCDBA_RETICMAIN ON ABCDBA_HYDRANT.OWNER_ID = ABCDBA_RETICMAIN.UNIQUE_ID SET ABCDBA_HYDRANT.AUTH = 5 WHERE (((ABCDBA_RETICMAIN.OWNER)=1) AND ((ABCDBA_HYDRANT.AUTH)=2)); I changed it to this:

update ABCDBA.HYDRANT JOIN ABCDBA_RETICMAIN ON ABCDBA.HYDRANT.OWNER_ID = ABCDBA.RETICMAIN.UNIQUE_ID SET ABCDBA_HYDRANT.AUTH = 5 WHERE (((ABCDBA_RETICMAIN.OWNER)=1) AND ((ABCDBA_HYDRANT.AUTH)=2)); Using SQL Plus Im having trouble trying to position the JOIN statement,

Any Help Much Appreciated,
Thanks
Andrew Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 20:09:59 CDT