ORA-12203 TNS: Unable to connect to destination

From: Andrew Titus <andrewtitus_at_alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:03:44 -0400

Iam trying to install Oracle 8i on a Windows 98 SE. I get through the install but when I run listener and open SQL8 and put in User Name: system Password: manager and Host String: po8 I get the error ORA-12203 TNS: Unable to connect to destination. I redid my harddrive twice trying to get this to work and still nothing. Everyone tells me it will work on windows 95, 98 and ME but will it work on 98SE?

Thank You,
Andrew Titus Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 20:03:44 CDT