Re: Troubleshooting slow logins

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:32:44 -0400

NeilC wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a problem with slow login's to an 8i database. It turned out to be a
> lack or memory on the server, (or too large an SGA for the memory available)
>
> Have you checked this ?

That is going to be one of my checks when I finally get access to the system. I suspect that there are several tuning elements that need attention but I'm not really sure how many of them would cause slow logins while still allowing very fast DQL/DML once logged in. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:32:44 CDT