Re: can not log in with Oracle DBA Studio???

From: Glen Stromquist <glenstr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:11:40 GMT

do a search and see how many copies of tnsnames.ora you have - my experience was that I had to keep 3 copies current, one for oracle, one for oem and yet another for webdb. Chances are your DBA studio is looking at a different tnsnames.ora file than your sqlplus. I think there is a paramter you can set somewhere so oracle looks in the same place all the time. You also may want to ceck your sqlnet.ora file and see if you need a .world after your tns names in tnsnames.ora.

hope this helps

In article <KEPE5.443$nR3.20668_at_newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Jeff Fongemie" <Jeff_at_Fongemie.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I've got about 5 hours total time into Oracle so I'm
 quite
> green.
>
> I just installed Oracle 8i Personal on my Win2000 notebook. Install
 seemed
> to go fine. Now I can't use the Oracle DBA Studio. It asks for a
 login and
> password to connect, but everything I try won't work. "I get TNS
 could not
> resolve service name".
>
> I can log in with SQL plus, using system as login and manager as
 password.

> What's up with Studio? Why won't it connect?
>
> Help.
>
> Jeff Fongemie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 13:11:40 CDT