Re: PL/SQL Removing weekends

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 05:00:07 GMT

Hi Helen,

the to_char() function with 'DY' format returns the 3 char name of the day for the given date:

select to_char(sysdate, 'DY') fro dual;

would return 'WED' on my machine.

so if you wanna count the SATs and SUNs between two given dates try this one:

select count(*)
from your_table
where your_date_field between to_date('01-JAN-2000', 'DD-MON-YYYY') and sysdate
and to_char(your_date_field, 'DY') in ('SAT', 'SUN');

that should return you the count of SATs and SUNs between 1 Jan 2k and todays date.

--

getting the meanin' of data...