Re: Thanks for nothing!!!

From: Jim Gregory <JG200024_at_NCR.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:15:30 -0400

You don't really get it. We cannot help you without information like what are the developers doing? Do they need to create tables, procedures, triggers? Do they need to access each others objects? Do they need a sub-set of DBA privs? Does the application code that the users run need to create tables, indexes, other objects? Do they need to run stored procedures? Do some users update tables while others only do selects? Do the users log in as themselves and need access to 1 or more schema's data or do they log in as the owner of the objects?

The most basic documentation contains information on the privileges, roles, grants, and synonyms that make up the ORACLE security sub-system. Sequence values stored in table columns need nothing more than regular access to the table/columns. Sequences themselves need to have grants and synonyms set up to be accessible to others - just like any other object in ORACLE.

ORACLE is a very complex animal. Some questions that may seem simple do not have simple or easy answers.

HTH

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.