Troubleshooting slow logins

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:16:52 -0400

I'm trying to help someone troubleshoot slow logins to an 8i database on an NT server.

I started off by researching the subject on Oracle's MetaLink site and came across all of the information about college.dat and regid.dat, tracing, etc. etc. After performing all of the checks that those articles mentioned, the logins are still slow.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where I might want to look next? I do know that there is some general tuning that should be done on this database, but as it is right now anything which is executed after the login seems to work pretty rapidly - it is just the login that is slow at this point. Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 14:16:52 CDT