Re: NEWBIE: Database Creation

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:14:28 +0200

Just read the Getting Started Manual, it's all there. If you specify a system tablespace of 100M I don't know how on earth you can end up with a 2G database. The sw might be one 1 G, but the database: no. As it is no, your post already provides way too little clues to provide a more specific answer.

Evidently, if you really do want to enter the Oracle universe, one way or another you should read what you call those 1000s of pages of crap. Other people before you have done that and they have managed to do it.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA