can not log in with Oracle DBA Studio???

From: Jeff Fongemie <Jeff_at_Fongemie.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:47:22 GMT

Hi Everyone, I've got about 5 hours total time into Oracle so I'm quite green.

I just installed Oracle 8i Personal on my Win2000 notebook. Install seemed to go fine. Now I can't use the Oracle DBA Studio. It asks for a login and password to connect, but everything I try won't work. "I get TNS could not resolve service name".

I can log in with SQL plus, using system as login and manager as password.

What's up with Studio? Why won't it connect?

Help.

Jeff Fongemie Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:47:22 CDT