"views" as a column name

From: <keithdmiller_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:03:09 GMT

I have inherited a table which has a column named "views" an example is below

create table test_views
(

   views number
)
;

insert into test_views values (1)
;

update test_views
set views = 3
;

The above three statements result in a value of 3 in this field

if I execute these statements within a pl/sql block

begin
insert into test_views values (1) ;
update test_views
set views = 3;
end;

I get the following error:

ORA-06550: line 6, column 5:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "VIEWS" when expecting one of the
following:

Currently a c++ program thru ADO is updating this field but I need to do it in an PL/SQL procedure.

Is there any way to positionally bind this column or escape the reserved word?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 11:03:09 CDT