Oracle, NAT, and RT311 gateway router

From: <arajul_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:38:22 GMT

I'm trying to access an Oracle database through a Netgear RT311 gateway router. In the router, using NAT, I've specified the local IP of the machine that has the database as the destination for all traffic going to port 1521 (the port used by the Oracle database). So far, I have been unsuccessful trying to establish a connection to my database from the outside world. I receive a ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure. I can connect to the database from within the LAN. I can connect from outside the LAN if I don't go through the router. I can use the NAT capabilities of the router for http-ing to my web server (port 80) but no success with Oracle. Any ideas? suggestions? Thanks in advance. -Ara-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:38:22 CDT