Re: Reading 100 rows at a time...

From: Jeremy Beal <jbeal_at_jbeal.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:51:07 GMT

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:17:56 GMT, sergey_s_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Well, I am actually using PL/SQL. I have a big table and I would like
>to select the first 100 rows out of it and then the next 100, and then
>the next 100, and so on. I am hoping to reduce the processing time by
>reading, caching and operating on a chunk of 100 rows at a time.
>
>Do you know how to do that in PL/SQL?

A PL/SQL option would be to use a cursor variable and take advantage of the %ROWCOUNT attribute to keep track of the count of rows read.

Unrolling the SELECT into a cursor might provide worse performance than using MINUS to restrict to certain ROWNUM values. Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 12:51:07 CDT