Converting LONGs to NCLOBs

From: Gary Fowler <grfowler_at_mmm.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:39:59 -0600

I have a table in Oracle 8i that has a LONG column. I want to convert the column to an NCLOB. The documentation shows how to convert a LONG to a CLOB, and it implies that you can do the same for and NCLOB. However, if I try to do it with an NCLOB column I get the error:

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

If anyone has any experience with this that they would like to share, I would love to hear it. Right now I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Gary Fowler
3M Health Information Systems
grfowler_at_mmm.com Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 16:39:59 CDT