Re: Problem creating a database : Linux Oracle EE 8.1.6

From: Jason Pell <Jason.Pell_at_dssonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:25:01 +1000

I have seen notes on the Technet news group that suggest a problem with the LIBC
library that is shipped with Redhat 7.0, I was hoping it was only a myth, but it now
starting to look LESS than hopeful. Perhaps you should go back to Redhat 6.2, where
I know people have succeeded installing a Oracle 8.1.6 Release 2 database. (Even
on a laptop install!!)

Can you let me know if you have any more positive response of work arounds, as I would
like to keep my Redhat 7.0 install if possible as well.

Cheers
Jason

--
Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.