Problem creating a database : Linux Oracle EE 8.1.6

From: Etienne Laverdiere <etienno_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:33:04 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8.1.6 EE release 2 on my Red Hat 7.0 Edition. I think I have tried 20 installation and 3 OS before doing the right thing. Finaly, I got it.

My only problem is that I cannot create the Database. I follow everything on the www.oraLinux.com : (http://www.oralinux.com/rh61-815.html#preinstall), knowing that I used Oracle 8.1.6.. (I set the NLS_LANG environment variable to american...)

When I create a database, using dbassist, it always stop at "82%" of the finish line. When it tries to "initialize the database" a error message pop up and say :

"ORA-03113 ; End-of-file on commucation channel".

Does anyone knows what this is all about?

Thanks for answering,

Etienne Laverdiere
montreal Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 17:33:04 CDT