Re: sp1.msb file

From: <jsteele_at_email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:30:04 -0000

Mike,

    There are files there (sp1us.msb). We ran Oracle Home but when we did there were 3 identical entries (all "Oracle") and none of them seemed to change anything (it just let us change the Primary Home and click ok, nothing else). Do you happen to know if we need to do anything else, or by chance what the NLS_LANG code for sp1us.msb is?

Thanks,
Josh

Mike Morgan wrote:

> Josh,
>
> If there are files in %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlplus\mesg\ of the type sp1XX.msb
> where XX is some 2-character language code, then the NLS_LANG is probably
> not defined. I THINK this is defined when you set your Oracle
 environment
> using the Oracle Home Selector. I noted that there is a registry setting
> associated with each Oracle_Home.
>
> If the files are NOT there, then you probably have an incomplete
> installation of the Oracle client. I would reinstall.
>
> Good Luck!
> Mike
>
> <jsteele_at_email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> > Possibly. I wrote this message for my brother, so I'm sorta out of the
> > loop. If so, how would I check this, and how would I define those
> > variables? Do I have to go into the registry? And what would I set
 the
> > variable too (I'm assuming one of the American variants).
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> > Josh
> >

> > Mike Morgan wrote:
> > >

> > > MSB files are associated with messages/responses (eg: ORA-00000 and
 the
 text
> > > which follows). The files in question should reside in your
> > > %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlplus\mesg\ directory(turn the slashes around if
 Unix).
> > > Note, however, that these files have the NLS locale as part of their
 name
> > > (eg sp1us.msb). Is it possible that you don't have your NLS_LANG,
 etc.
> > > variables defined?
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Mike
> > >

> > > <jsteele_at_email.unc.edu> wrote in message
 anywhere
 on
 the