Newbie: Oracle 8 Netware, Connect help needed

From: Steve Urbach <theducks_at_best.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 16:13:59 GMT

I need some really basic help getting started with Oracle 8 (5 user for Netware 4.2).

I installed Oracle 8 (from the distrubution CDROM) on my 4.2 Netware server.
I started it with ORALOAD and then ORASTART. I think its running: SRVMGR30 apears to be loaded .

I am trying to connect from a W95 workstation loged in to the server (all normal Novell stuff functioning well <g>).

Question 1:
When I get the Oracle login box: I get asked for a:  username : I type INTERNAL
 Password: I type ORACLE
 Service: What the heck do I put here

Question 2:
Was there a sample database installed as part of a "Full install of 8.0" ? How do I connect to it so that I may learn to work with Oracle DB's (I do Paradox DOS now)?

Over $100 in books, and I am no farther along in the basics :-(, SQL looks easy compared to*&^% connecting .

Steve U

,       | \                           Steve Urbach
,       |  )erek
,   ____|_/ragonsclaw                 theducks_at_best.com
,  / / /