Re: SQL*Loader for Windows9x?

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 15:37:06 GMT

In article <39DF2CF0.DFD0B1BD_at_Unforgetable.com> BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com writes:
>Philip Chee wrote:

>> I'm planning to upload flat files generated on a Windows9x platform to an
>> Oracle RDBMS running on a unix server. SQL*Net and SQL*Plus is running
>> fine (both 16bit and 32bit versions).

>> However I can't seem to find the Windows version of SQL*Loader either in
>> the ORAWIN\BIN or in the ORAWIN95\BIN directory. What's it called on this
>> platform anyway?

>It is named sqlldr.exe. There is a chance that you did not get it depending on
>how the client software was installed. If you just installed with the
>Application User, try going back and doing a custom install and specifically
>select the options that you want.

Thanks to Walter and Sybrand Bakker for the answer. Aargh! I've just realised that this means I'll have to go round and check all the PCs to see if it's installed or not. Aargh!

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60.5.291.1011 Fax:+60.5.291.9932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 20317.40 þ Dumb luck beats sound planning every time.  Trust me.