Re: tns problem on sunos5.7

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 09:59:42 -0400

wy_at_fudan.edu wrote:

> Oracle8i runs on sunos5.7.
> when the application is idle over 10 min,it raise ora 03113 error.
> $ oerr ora 03113
> 03113, 00000, "end-of-file on communication channel"
> // *Cause:
> // *Action:
> I have search the document which said the problem
> was related to the os.
> who can tell me how to resolve it?
>
> thanks a lot.
>
> wy
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Are you using a profile other than the DEFAULT profile? If so, it may be set to limit the amount of idle time to 10 minutes. If this is the case, change the profile you are using to allow unlimited idle time.

The other thing that could be causing this is if you have an expire time set in Net8. If this is so, it may be kicking you off. Received on Sat Oct 07 2000 - 08:59:42 CDT