Re: Memory recommendations for Oracle 8i

From: VampireD <vampired_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 16:33:51 GMT

512Mb

Would work, 1Gb would be better, but you should be ok with 512Mb.

I would say pump the shared pool to around 50mb min. 10 is just way to low.

How much data? How many gigs in db? That will effect size of buffer cache. I would say 100Mb+ for buffer cache depending on size of course. Then that leaves 64Mb for OS/Processes, then ~300mb for user processes. With MTS it won't be as many depending on how many dispatchers. Procedure size is as important as how many. You might want to pin you most important ones.

--
Christopher R. Spence
OCP, MCP, MCSE, A+, RAPTOR, CNA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/