Re: What Grants/Privs to give to developers/users???

From: STiger2000 <stiger2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 22:09:40 GMT

We're a little light on information here. Two rules of thumb: (ascending soap box) 1. Developers belong on a development system. (Which also may be read as: Developers DO NOT belong on a production system.) 2. Users (application users, developers, testers, trainers, etc) should only be given the MINIMUM roles and privileges needed to do there job. Convenience DOES NOT equate to necessity. (descending soap box)
jc
http://www.networkessentials.com/certified/ocp In article <39DDEBCC.A09A6F55_at_hsv.boeing.com>,   Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've build the tables for my system and now the developers need access
> to those tables. I've tried several things but they still can't get
> access to some of the tables. The only unusual thing about the tables
> is that some of them have sequences.
>
> What is the min. set of grants/roles/privs that I need to give to the
> developers? What about the users?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Hollingsworth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 06 2000 - 17:09:40 CDT