Re: SQL*Plus question (Where am I)

From: Kurt Krieger <kkriegerSPAM_at_erols.comSPAM>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:06:17 GMT

If you also need to know the server name (in case you have the same SID on multiple machines)...
SQL> select host_name,instance_name from v$instance;

Under normal installations, as a non-privileged user, you won't be able to see that view. If you want all users to see that information, and your DBA will do it, have him/her issue the following:

SQL> connect / as sysdba
SQL> grant select on v_$instance to public;

Kurt