export/import questions

From: Hardy Merrill <hmerrill_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:58:22 GMT

  1. I'm fairly familiar with "imp"ort and "exp"ort, and I've been using export to export an entire user space. Up 'till now, I've been "imp"orting the entire user space to another machine to make a mirror image on that other machine. On the "target" machine for the import, I now need to import the whole user space *except* for 1 table - I need to keep this one table intact on the target machine - is this possible using import? Or, is there another more flexible method for backing up and restoring Oracle databases/users/tables other than export/import?
  2. Is it possible to "imp"ort sequences when also using the "tables=a, b, c" import parameter? Seems like sequences are imported when importing an entire userspace, but not when importing individual tables. Looks to me like there is no "sequences=Y" parameter - am I missing something?

TIA.

--
Hardy Merrill
Mission Critical Linux, Inc.