Re: ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:57:00 GMT

In article <GyRC5.9314$bg6.49857_at_news3.atl>,   "Michael D. Long" <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Justin is simply being prudent in making everyone
> aware that all features may not work as before.
> Some of the Delphi libraries had to be changed
> due to the MDAC 2.6 update - needless to say
> this was not anticipated.

One more clarification...

Internally, we are doing some testing with the 2.6 MDAC in a few configurations and have not found anything to be broken. Since we haven't had the opportunity to do a full round of testing, in all the configurations we feel we need to, we haven't certified the driver with the 2.6 MDAC.

Most times when a new MDAC is released, everything works exactly as before. Periodically, Microsoft fixes a bug and we work better. Rarely, one or two of our thousands of tests fail in some isolated configuration and we have to fix that before we certify the new MDAC. I anticipate that the 2.6 MDAC will work perfectly for 99.9% of the folks out there, but we haven't proven this yet.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 09:57:00 CDT