Re: NT4.0 + IIS + WebDb

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 10:08:01 GMT

In article <8repi8$c5l$1_at_porthos.nl.uu.net>,   "Frank" <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl> wrote:
> This SQL*plus window - is that on the same machine?

Yes.

> What version SQL*Plus is it? Different versions use
> different locations for tnsnames.ora files, you know...

8.1.6.0.0

> Have you introduced tns_admin in your registry?
> (HKLM\Software\Oracle). Value should be the directory
> where all you network configurations files reside.

A search in the Registry Editor for "tns_admin" returns no results (same on development box). I find "traces" of TNS under:

With "same" I mean EXACTLY the same (both Keys and Values).

Under HKLM\Software\Oracle I found the following differences:

ORA_PLURIMED_PFILE = "E:\Oracle\admin\plurimed\pfile\initplurimed.ora"

Should it point to

E:\Oracle\Ora81\sysman\ifiles\def_PLURIMED.PLURIMEDIA.IT.ora?

As you can imagine, all the above described stuff comes from the installer: I'm not experienced enough to even think about modifying/creating it.

Regards, Alessandro.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 05:08:01 CDT