Re: Configuring Oracle

From: Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:41:49 +0200

It really shouldn't matter a lot. Some questions: What OS are you running
Do you have multiple ORACLE_HOME's set up.

I have some local database on my laptop in a seperate ORACLE_HOME. So I have configured a listener with a listener.ora in the network/admin directory of that ORACLE_HOME. I also have some tools in a seperate ORACLE_HOME with a tns_names.ora in network/admin of that ORACLE_HOME (you're still with me?) Then it's just basically client-server on one machine...

I'm on NT with Oracle 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 locally and FORMS4.5, FORMS5.0 and designer also locally, all works fine!

Reinier.