Re: Does any know Oracle use which TCP Port to connect

From: Achille Carette <achyl_at_infonie.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:14:15 +0200

Default TCP port to connect to the ^listener^ is 1521 or 1526 (but u can change it). Unfortunately, the listener is only used to establish the conection. But this first connection is closed, and the "real" one is made on another port, wich u cannot choose (around 1100).

To solve this, u can use the Oracle Connection Manager as a router : all connections will pass trough a specified port. But this requires the Enterprise edition of Oracle.

Achille Carette
Senior Consultant
Bluegate Group http://www.bluegate.be