Re: Online NT Backup Script -Help

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuchnospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:55:09 +0200

You could run a procedure like the following that creates a command-script (for svrmgrl) - replace your_directory, your_command_file and your_target_directory with your settings. For a successful execution parameter utl_file_dir must be set in your init.ora - see Oracle doc's.

declare

   v_fileid UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
   v_buffer varchar2(200);
begin

   begin

      v_fileid := UTL_FILE.FOpen('your_directory', 'your_command_file', 'w', 500);

   exception

      WHEN UTL_FILE.INVALID_PATH THEN
         Raise_application_Error(-20999,'UTL_FILE: directory error');
      WHEN UTL_FILE.INVALID_MODE THEN
         Raise_application_Error(-20999,'UTL_FILE: OpenMode error');
      WHEN UTL_FILE.INVALID_OPERATION THEN
         Raise_application_Error(-20999,'UTL_FILE: Operation error');
   end;

   UTL_FILE.FClose(v_FileId);
end;
/

Klaus

swaite <swaite_at_equiplease.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: rdrC5.1$fc1.224_at_wdc-read-01.qwest.net...
> I am looking for the script to do an Online (Archivelog) backup of an
 Oracle