Re: ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:53:11 -0400

MikeG in Philly wrote:

> Hi Walter: I did this, installed 13 meg mdacSDK.exe and have the same
> problem. I also have the 387 meg Oracle81698, and Oracle8i at 320 meg and
> neither will install. They could not find the path, can you believe, and
> after restarting once again, the system again hangs at setup.exe. I'
> ill probably have to format yet again, re-install Windows2000 and see what
> happens there. Will probably end up re-installing Win98SE, where everything
> worked. MIkeG in Philly
>
> "Walter T Rejuney" <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote in message > Go to the
> Microsoft web site and download the latest MDAC and install it. That
> > will probably fix your problems.

I guess I got lucky. After going through the upgrade to WindowsME (as opposed to a complete clean install) I haven't experienced a single problem. Admittedly I have not tried ODBC yet because I always use Microsoft's OLE DB provider for connection to Oracle. For the database itself I haven't noticed a single glitch. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 19:53:11 CDT