Re: ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:57:43 -0400

"Michael D. Long" wrote:

> How do you figure? Windows ME is targeted at
> the home user who wants to play games or run
> personal productivity applications. Windows NT
> and 2000 are targeted at businesses.
>
> The fact that Oracle has put forth any effort in
> certifying the client software on a game platform
> when it delivers products targeted at n-tier app
> development is (in the unforgettable voice of
> Minnesota Fats) un-be-liev-a-ble... ;-)
>
> --
> Michael D. Long
> http://extremedna.homestead.com

You've got to be joking! No matter what you may think, the Win95, Win98, WinME world is alive and well in the business environment. I deal with customers on a daily basis that are using them for their desktop environment. I don't care that they "should" be using WinNT or Win2000, I work with what they have and I don't have a voice in their decision - I am only expected to make things work in the environment that they are using. Does Oracle really want to make the stance that they are going to just blow off thousands of businesses simply because they believe that those businesses should not be using WinME? I think that would be rather naive. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 21:57:43 CDT