Re: ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 22:29:19 GMT

In article <ELjC5.2595$np1.326654_at_newshog.newsread.com>,   "MikeG in Philly" <philapa_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Personal Oracle for Windows95, v7. Have been downloading a
 newer
> version 'personal for win98' all night, and hope this will work. I had
 DL'ed
> a 320 meg file in the recent past but after zip opens the main file,
 click
> the setup file, but it just sits there with an hourglass. So I'm
 trying
> this. I have a brand new version of WindowsME on the machine right
 now, and
> if this new file will not work either, then I will format and install
> Windows 2000 which is sitting here also. Will try anything, and time
 isn't a
> consideration - I have no life anyway! Just kidding...MikeG in Philly

Just as a clarification to my earlier post, no version of the Oracle client is presently certified against WindowsME.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

> > In article <zp2C5.2477$np1.307016_at_newshog.newsread.com>,
> > "MikeG in Philly" <philapa_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Folks: I have just installed WindowsME and cannot get the ODBC
 connection
> > > to work. I have installed the tables properly in Oracle v7 and
 have
 Visual
> > > Basic Professional v6 working, and have created a connection under
 ODBC for
> > > Oracle. This whole setup has worked fine under Win98SE, but not
 now.
 I am
> > > getting the error message, "Run time error 3709.
> > > Operation is not allowed on an object referencing a closed or
 invalid
> > > connection."
> >
> > What version of the Oracle client are you running? WindowsME is a
> > pretty recent release-- I'm not sure what versions of the Oracle
 client
> > are certified with it yet.
> >
> > Justin Cave
> > Oracle ODBC Development
> >
> > Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
> > Oracle Corporation.
> > >
> > > When I created the ODBC connection, I filled in the data source
 name,
> > > description, and user name, and left the source black as in the
 past.
> > > probably need to do something different, but am clueless.
> > >
> > > Hope someone might be able to help. Many thanks.
> > > MiekeG in Philly
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:29:19 CDT